Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Cheseok...

Cheuseok is the Korean Thanksgiving holiday. To celebrate the director of our school gave each teacher an extra day off, a bottle of Korean wine and then assembled all teachers to make the traditional Cheuseok ricecakes.



I attempt to comprehend the directions


Say and I realize we essentially get to play with dough instead of work


Violet with the rice flour dough and Hoonie in the background


Rice flour dough


This is the filling of the ricecake


The taste is very similar to the Puerto Rican sugar/candy stuff Dad sent me


Let's do this


Hehe...which one does not belong?


Here is my first attempt...notice how it is not smooth and oddly shaped


Look at my ricecake in the center surrounded by the lovely creations by the Korean teachers. The saying is that if you make a a nice, compact looking ricecake you will have beautiful daughters, an ugly ricecake constitutes an ugly son. All of my ricecakes have left me a future full of hideous,smelly, three-armed sons.


Since I lack the delicate hands needed for making ricecakes I decide to play and cover my entire hand in the dough. It was a bit difficult to I only covered part of it


Sarah shows off the die she made and Janet just smiles sweetly...Remember we got to do this instead of work

No comments: