Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Familial Ties

...I have been fortunate enough to create many families for myself in Korea. I have my work family (Janet, Loren and Baby Pinson), my Seoul family (Tallia, Saska and Brian) and my Saudi Family (Ahmad (who I lovely nicknamed "Big Bear") and Enazi. We went out one Saturday for pizza and mild mannered joy riding in Daejeon and realized that we looked like we were family. Big Bear and Enazi have both been here for almost two years, are fluent in Korean and ridiculously kind.

Can you guess who is "Big Bear"?




Why is this picture in this post?
In Korea in restaurants and coffee shops 9 times out of 10 there will be a computer with internet access for all to use. While at Papa John's I showed the boys my blog and they saw this picture of Dad and they fell into a fit of hysterical laughing. Once they calmed down they explained that Dad looked just like a typical Saudi man. From the way he stood, wore his pants and tucked his shirt in his pants. They should have seen him when he had a beard was all I said.

No comments: