Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Shots...

...about Beijing.

FRANCO again...this time in China!!!! L. FRANCO!

Qianmen

Qianmen

Traditional Tea House booth. It was extremely comfortable and pleasant to lounge and sip tea.

Blooming tea

I can take an escalator to cross the street


Ming Tombs
This is the Heavenly Gate of the Ming Tombs. It is believed that from where I am taking the photo is the "real world" and once you pass the gate you are in the heavenly world. You pass on the right side of the gate and when you are finished visiting you step up to the opening of the gate and before you step over into the real world you say aloud "And now I return".

ok...sure

I spotted this sign from my tour bus. "Wait, excuse me...I thought this whole country was CHINATOWN"?! This is so meta, China within China within China...

No comments: