Sunday, February 8, 2009

This trip...

...was all about visiting The Great Wall. I could have stayed in my hostel for my whole time in Beijing and I would have been perfectly content because of my time at The Great Wall. The tour I scheduled consisted of six people including me. Two tour members were an older married Parisian couple and the rest of us were 23 year old girls. I really lucked out in having been able to visit the wall with four other gals, who like me, were young, away from home and traveling the world (two were Spanish speakers as well!). I dubbed us "Club 23". So many foreigners were visiting the wall and it seemed as if new conversations started with every step you took up. The whole world seemed to have gathered at The Great Wall.


The sight before the climb


About to climb the section of the wall that kicked my butt a bit...it was well worth it.

First climbing break

Taking a break with Maria in the background


The only time I will be able to strike a pose on The Great Wall of China

Crazy hair
Club 23...Lola, Teresa, Maria and Genna
Photo courtesy of Genna KondrakGenna, Teresa, Lola
Photo courtesy of Genna Kondrak

I came prepared...of course I sharpied my name

After the climb
La Puertorriquena, Venezolana y Mexicana
Lola, Maria, Teresa

No comments: