Sunday, May 25, 2008

My New City, Daejeon


I work in the metropolitan city of Daejeon. It is the 5th largest city in Korea. It is growing as I type this with many many high-rises and tons of businesses. It is surrounded by beautiful mountains and peaceful parks and hiking trails. It is a perfect city for me…a la my Chicago of Asia…hehe. The following pictures were taken on a 6 mile walk from my school/home to the oh so fabulous HOME PLUS (think Walmart).

As we walked we took photos like this in an attempt to orientate ourselves or in case we got lost

Our goal is to learn how to use the subway

We want to learn how to take the subway as soon as possible...look out for my "I got lost in the Subway pictures"

There's tranquilty

...and then there's vibrance and energy

What is now my favorite bakery is on this street

After a 5 mile trek, only having been there once (we were chauffeured), not speaking or reading Korean Janet and I made it to HOME PLUS...then we got lost in the store (seriously)!

While Atlanta is seriously lacking, Chicago has one, New York, Florida, Colorado Springs and DAEJEON TOO!





























































































No comments: